Monday, March 18, 2013

raison d'être

Last year I became slightly obsessed with the baseball career of Jamie Moyer.  For one he was 49 and still pitching in the big leagues and two, his fast ball hovers around 80 (although my fastball is well south of 80, maybe with enough strength training I could get it up to a number that could round up to be 80).  Following Moyer reignited my love of professional baseball and reignited my dream of making it to the big leagues.  The thinking goes, as long as there are guys my age and up then there is still a chance!  My age, 38.  The reason for the existence of this blog is to track the progress of guys my age and older who are still playing in the big leagues.  Or to put it in political terms, to track guys who were born right before or during the Richard Milhous Nixon presidency.

Here we go...

1 comment:

  1. "Hope is a dangerous thing." Morgan Freeman from Shawshank Redemption.
    SE MN Linda

    ReplyDelete